- Lung Cancer has now surpassed breast cancer as the leading cause of cancer deaths among woman.
- Current female smokers aged 35 and older are more than 10 times as likely to die from emphysema or chronic bronchitis than non-smoking females.
- Americans are starting to smoke at a younger age, (would you believe 5!), especially young girls.
- Pregnant smokers have higher rates of miscarriage, stillbirths and babies who are born too soon. More of their babies die soon after birth from crib death than newborns of nonsmoking mothers.
- Yes Virginia, women die of lung cancer when they smoke!